среда, 14 марта 2012 г.

Former Wigan manager Paul Jewell may return to club six months after quitting

Former Wigan manager Paul Jewell would consider returning to the Premier League club six months after he quit to take a break from soccer.

Jewell has been mentioned as a candidate to take over at the club after his former assistant Chris Hutchings was fired as manager this week.

The 43-year-old Jewell stepped down at the end of last season after helping the lowly northern club avoid relegation and has not worked since.

Writing in his column for Wednesday's edition of free British daily Metro, Jewell said he had not been offered his old job back, but that he was ready to start work again.

"I've had no contact with Wigan," Jewell said. "But after six months away, I am ready and willing to return to work. I will consider any offers that come my way."

Jewell was at Wigan for six years and led the club to two promotions and into the Premier League for the first time. Wigan finished 10th in its debut topflight season in 2006 and reached the League Cup final, but Jewell left the day after the team finished 17th last season, citing the pressure of the job.

"I needed a break as the job consumes you 24 hours a day, seven days a week," Jewell said. "I firmly believe I will return to football refreshed and a better manager."

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий